A person’s independence is often directly linked to his or her mobility. In our retail showroom, there are scores of products that enhance a person’s mobility, independence, and quality of life. In addition, hundreds of other related items can be ordered.
- Canes: Stylish canes are available in a choice of fashion colors as well as designs ranging from bingo and patriotic, to military camouflage and playing cards. More traditional inventory is also available. Styles include straight canes and quad bases, as well as a variety of handle versions. Importantly, staff is trained to adjust the height of the cane to the person using it.
- Walkers: Folding walkers come in a multitude of colors and styles – with or without wheels and seat attachments – and are available in a variety of sizes from junior to bariatric. All four-wheeled walkers have swivel wheels in front, a seat, and a braking device. Like canes, walkers need to match the height of the user.
- Wheelchairs: Range in size, style, weight, durability, power, and manual. An important accessory, often overlooked by customers, is the cushion – not only for the comfort of the user, but also for the user’s safety.
- Lift Chairs: A lift chair provides independence for those who can not easily move themselves from a seated position to a standing one. Our lift chairs, manufactured by Pride, give a smooth and safe assist up and down and can stop at a lot of different positions depending on the specific chair selected. While not fully covered by insurance, the mechanism for the chair is an expense usually covered at about $300. Lift chairs are available in a variety of sizes and upholstery and can be purchased off the floor or by special order.
- Stair Glides: For people whose stairs have become a barrier to their lifestyle and safety, installing a stair glide is a good solution. We sell Acorn products and are authorized to install and service them. We can also service some other brands previously installed in people’s homes. Contact our Service Department for details.
- E-Z Access Ramping Systems and Lifts are available for vehicles as well as buildings. Our staff is trained to measure, install, and service this equipment.